PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto - where are my files at?

tinca
Aug 1, 2012, 03:14 PM
Yo,

Ok my itunes library is located in a series of folders on my mac hd.

But am I right in saying iphoto does not work in this manner? All I can find is a single file called iPhoto library 4gb+

Is this so I only have to worry about 1 file when backing up? or am i missing the real location and the appropriate folder structure?

Ta :apple:

motulist
Aug 1, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yo,

Ok my itunes library is located in a series of folders on my mac hd.

But am I right in saying iphoto does not work in this manner? All I can find is a single file called iPhoto library 4gb+

Is this so I only have to worry about 1 file when backing up? or am i missing the real location and the appropriate folder structure?

Ta :apple:

That is indeed the folder where all your files are stored. It's actually a regular folder, but is set to act not like a folder, because iPhoto requires the individual image files to stay in the exact unchanged locations, otherwise iPhoto will lose track of where they are and will start having problems.

if you REALLY want to find the individual image files, then you can control click on the iphoto library and select "show package contents". But don't move or change anything in there or you'll mess up iphoto.

tinca
Aug 1, 2012, 03:20 PM
Just the answer I was after. Thank you sir!