Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.L.Photography

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
South Florida
since the ML upgrade, my mail has frozen about 3 times randomly... one time on refreshing the mail, one time while sending, another time on deleting an email it just locked up...

happening elsewhere?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Try this. Quit Mail then click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. No hit shift-command-g all three at once and you will get a popup. Type ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData into the box and enter. In the folder that pops up delete the file called Envelope Index. Now restart Mail and it will reindex.

This has fixed freezes for some.

J.L.Photography

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
South Florida
Try this. Quit Mail then click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder. No hit shift-command-g all three at once and you will get a popup. Type ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData into the box and enter. In the folder that pops up delete the file called Envelope Index. Now restart Mail and it will reindex.

This has fixed freezes for some.

restarted mail after deleting the index, started to load, then gave me 5 quick error popups alerting of a damaged file or something like that....

restarting it again, lets see....

----------

so it loaded properly this time, will post here if i get further issues, hopefully it wont freeze anymore!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.