PDA

View Full Version : Difference between LG panel and Samsung panel

dwburnell
Aug 2, 2012, 09:59 AM
I am about to buy a MBA and I keep reading about the different panels. What is the difference between the two, and how would I know which one I am getting? Thanks for the help!

kolz
Aug 2, 2012, 10:03 AM
I am about to buy a MBA and I keep reading about the different panels. What is the difference between the two, and how would I know which one I am getting? Thanks for the help!

Something to read: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6063/macbook-air-13inch-mid-2012-review/3

Enjoy =)

mattopotamus
Aug 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
as most have posted, with ML there is no issue with the LG panel....the default profile is much much better.

NutsNGum
Aug 2, 2012, 12:01 PM
Might be worth checking out the colossal thread that already exists on this subject.

----------

as most have posted, with ML there is no issue with the LG panel....the default profile is much much better.

Is this genuinely true? You were quite an avid opponent of the lg screen before now!

mattopotamus
Aug 2, 2012, 12:12 PM
Might be worth checking out the colossal thread that already exists on this subject.

----------

Is this genuinely true? You were quite an avid opponent of the lg screen before now!

I know...completely hated the LG screen pre-ML. Now, it looks fantastic :)

Mac-86
Aug 2, 2012, 02:52 PM

I second this. LG on ML is great with the default icc profile.

Seamaster
Aug 2, 2012, 03:05 PM

There's already a detailed thread on this.

TL,DR: it's not an issue in Mountain Lion.

dwburnell
Aug 2, 2012, 03:18 PM
There's already a detailed thread on this.

TL,DR: it's not an issue in Mountain Lion.

Sorry I searched and couldn't find it. Thank you for the info everyone!

Blackened Apple
Aug 2, 2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry I searched and couldn't find it. Thank you for the info everyone!

It's on the front page: here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1389918)

rmastbro
Aug 2, 2012, 06:33 PM

Did you upgrade from Lion or fresh install ? What is the default profile name under ML ?

mattopotamus
Aug 3, 2012, 06:27 AM
Did you upgrade from Lion or fresh install ? What is the default profile name under ML ?

I did do a fresh install. Not sure atm b.c I am at work =/

bob616
Aug 3, 2012, 02:06 PM
I just received my Macbook Air today. Unfortunately it has the LG display. The display isn't that bad except that I can barely see the blue indicator lights at the bottom of the dock.