Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
I am about to buy a MBA and I keep reading about the different panels. What is the difference between the two, and how would I know which one I am getting? Thanks for the help!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
as most have posted, with ML there is no issue with the LG panel....the default profile is much much better.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Might be worth checking out the colossal thread that already exists on this subject.

----------

as most have posted, with ML there is no issue with the LG panel....the default profile is much much better.

Is this genuinely true? You were quite an avid opponent of the lg screen before now!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Might be worth checking out the colossal thread that already exists on this subject.

----------

Is this genuinely true? You were quite an avid opponent of the lg screen before now!

I know...completely hated the LG screen pre-ML. Now, it looks fantastic :)

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
I am about to buy a MBA and I keep reading about the different panels. What is the difference between the two, and how would I know which one I am getting? Thanks for the help!

There's already a detailed thread on this.

TL,DR: it's not an issue in Mountain Lion.

bob616

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
I just received my Macbook Air today. Unfortunately it has the LG display. The display isn't that bad except that I can barely see the blue indicator lights at the bottom of the dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.