Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daynel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
The wifi connection from my router is constantly dropped, but only after the computer is put to sleep, and then opened. The connection stays if Im using the computer after it has been restarted.

The connection will be there, then drop, so i toggle wifi, and then the connection is there for like 10seconds, then dropped again...

But it seems to only happen if its the wifi from my router, I;m sending this using the wifi from my mobile hotspot and my connection hasn't been dropped. I don't want to say it has anything to do with newly updating to 10.8, because Ive been using 10.8 since launch day with no issue

Any advice would be appreciated :)

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
If this isn't an Airport Extreme or another Apple wireless point then make sure your Wireless router is up to date in its' firmware.

If the wireless access point is at least two years old and from a company that no longer supports it then go into System Preferences->Network and Advanced button and reduce your wireless MTU setting down to about 13000. See if that helps.

Newfiebill

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Delete the Connection

Try deleting the Wifi connection and then set it up again, this worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.