PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Screen looks like abstract art!

jenpetosa
Aug 3, 2005, 12:42 PM
This 2000 Powerbook Titanium has had intermittent screen problems for a couple of years... but today, it's not been usable at all. Check out the picture attached! It's now become an abstract art piece. External monitors don't work either. Nor does rebooting or waking from sleep. It's an office environment, so it's plenty cool in here.

Is this the graphics chip on the logic board?

We're thinking about gutting it for parts and taking it down the Nantahala in our staff raft parade... anyone think it's got a better use? :p

mkubal
Aug 3, 2005, 12:59 PM
This 2000 Powerbook Titanium has had intermittent screen problems for a couple of years... but today, it's not been usable at all. Check out the picture attached! It's now become an abstract art piece. External monitors don't work either. Nor does rebooting or waking from sleep. It's an office environment, so it's plenty cool in here.

Is this the graphics chip on the logic board?

We're thinking about gutting it for parts and taking it down the Nantahala in our staff raft parade... anyone think it's got a better use? :p

Send me a link to your desktop picture! :p

J/k...um, that sucks. I have that exact same laptop. Still works like a champ.

Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

ITASOR
Aug 3, 2005, 01:04 PM
Send me a link to your desktop picture! :p

J/k...um, that sucks. I have that exact same laptop. Still works like a champ.

Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Was that a joke? How can you reinstall the OS when the screen doesn't work and you can't use an external monitor? LOL.

I would say sell it for parts, that's probably how you'll get the most for it.

rjphoto
Aug 3, 2005, 01:17 PM
I have the same TiBook and had something close to the same problem.

Try booting from a CD and see if that helps. If so reload the OS...or better still upgrade, which is what I did.

aricher
Aug 3, 2005, 01:50 PM
You have either entered the Matrix or your logic board is on it's last legs. Do you have Homeowner's insurance or SafeWare?

Voidness
Aug 3, 2005, 10:20 PM
Whoa, that looks so nice... How could a logic board defect do such a piece of art? :rolleyes:

Well, since it doesn't want to connect to an external display, it seems to me that you've got a bad logic board... Too bad :(

Phat_Pat
Aug 4, 2005, 12:40 AM
That is Awesome looking. :cool:

Sucks it doesnt work tho.

Nermal
Aug 4, 2005, 01:17 AM
This probably won't work, but try resetting the PRAM.