PDA

View Full Version : AFP suddenly stops working

Avicdar
Aug 2, 2012, 02:55 PM
I have a mac that we use at our company regularly to connect to via AFP to mount drive partitions locally on remote machines.

I have discovered today that this no longer works. When I select 'Go' 'Connect to Server' and type in a valid AFP (i.e. afp://1.2.3.4) the dialog just sits there. No password screen or anything. It never connects.

The iMac is running 10.68. Other macs running 10.68 work just fine.

I've tried connecting other macs to the very same ethernet connection, and it works fine. There seems to be a problem with this mac perhaps software wise.

I then discovered that its happening on my desktop mac as well - I can no longer AFP into other machines.

I've updated both of these machines through software update in the past month or so. Other machines that are working fine with AFP have been updated by downloaded software updaters, not software update. That's the only significant difference.

To be clear - the machines I'm trying to connect TO are fine, they respond to AFP connection requests without issue. It's the two 'from' iMacs that I'm having issues with.

Any ideas?

thanks!