Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Hello all,

This is just a simple question. In reviews I've seen online, the Mac App store Updates tab works in tandem with Notifications Center. On my mac, this is not the case. How do I get a notification when there are updates available?

For the record, obviously it won't work if the App Store isn't listed in the list of apps that are "In Notification Center", but I can't find a way to add the app store to the list. How do I do this?

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
Hello all,

This is just a simple question. In reviews I've seen online, the Mac App store Updates tab works in tandem with Notifications Center. On my mac, this is not the case. How do I get a notification when there are updates available?

For the record, obviously it won't work if the App Store isn't listed in the list of apps that are "In Notification Center", but I can't find a way to add the app store to the list. How do I do this?

I am having the same issue

I think it would do it automatically. In Lion whenever I had an update available, there would be a badge on the icon. I guess the arrival of an update would trigger a badge and a NC alert.

phobox

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
Ive wondered about this one myself, I too am not seeing any notifications for app or software updates from the app store, nor is it in the list of Notifications in System Preferences. Is it working for anyone else?

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Looks like if you check this box you'll get a notification when an app update is downloaded.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 09.40.47.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-03 at 09.40.47.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 94

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I have ensured that box is checked, both of them actually. But not only does my computer not notify me that there's an update with a badge, there's nothing about App Store or Updates in Notifications Center either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.