Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
...you've ever played?

Zombie games are spouting like maggots in a corpse! :) For me it would have to be Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2. They are incredibly good, their strength is a coop campaign. Recently I tried that zombie game on an island where you were forced to stand still while aiming.

Passenger13

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
...you've ever played?

Zombie games are spouting like maggots in a corpse! :) For me it would have to be Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2. They are incredibly good, their strength is a coop campaign. Recently I tried that zombie game on an island where you were forced to stand still while aiming.
Zombie Town is a new Facebook simulation game that enables players to construct and manage a zombie town where they can build structures of distinct functions,

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Plants vs Zombies :p, probably not what you were looking for but it's by far my favorite zombie game.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Name the best Zombie game you've ever played?

Definitely Resident Evil. RE4 on the Wii together with a friend was the last 'no, I don't go to sleep now' game for me - a lot of screaming and yelling included - and I'm by far not the screamer-type. Pure hell in my memory..graphics wasn't sth. to talk loud about but the overall atmosphere, very large tv-screen and the controller made it perfect.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
if you mean real zombie, left 4 dead 1,2 are great. or try out dead island as well. but if you mean any kind of zombie no matter what, then dead space 1,2 are superb. especially, for summer, dead space 1,2 are the best way to feel fear. sound is amazing as hell!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Plants vs Zombies :p, probably not what you were looking for but it's by far my favorite zombie game.

This is an outstanding RTS game, but not what I was thinking of. ;)

Definitely Resident Evil. RE4 on the Wii together with a friend was the last 'no, I don't go to sleep now' game for me - a lot of screaming and yelling included - and I'm by far not the screamer-type. Pure hell in my memory..graphics wasn't sth. to talk loud about but the overall atmosphere, very large tv-screen and the controller made it perfect.

I think this was the one that froze you to the ground when you aimed. After playing L4D1&2, I could not abide by it. I heard the new one unsticks you. :)

Dead Island is great!

I'll have to check for a demo. Coop campaign?

if you mean real zombie, left 4 dead 1,2 are great. or try out dead island as well. but if you mean any kind of zombie no matter what, then dead space 1,2 are superb. especially, for summer, dead space 1,2 are the best way to feel fear. sound is amazing as hell!

Dead Space is excellent, but don't know if I can technically classify that as zombie.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Dead Island does have co-op campaign, I really enjoyed it although the story was dragging a bit towards the end. Good game though and it's cheap now too.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I think this was the one that froze you to the ground when you aimed. After playing L4D1&2, I could not abide by it. I heard the new one unsticks you. :)

Not sure what you mean..:eek:...but the first RE (playstation) defined the whole genre imho. Maybe I'm too old, though and the younger generations don't even know about it. Shocking! :eek:

By the way, I'm not gaming anymore, but saw Breaking Bad Season 4 last weekend and noticed that Jesse was playing some shooter Rage ( I had to look it up actually)! That looked scary, too. With the laser gun, reminded me a bit on the Wii-controller i liked a lot with RE4..

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not sure what you mean..:eek:...but the first RE (playstation) defined the whole genre imho. Maybe I'm too old, though and the younger generations don't even know about it. Shocking! :eek:

By the way, I'm not gaming anymore, but saw Breaking Bad Season 4 last weekend and noticed that Jesse was playing some shooter Rage ( I had to look it up actually)! That looked scary, too. With the laser gun, reminded me a bit on the Wii-controller i liked a lot with RE4..

I stand corrected, it is RE5 I am thinking of. When you pull up a weapon to aim, you can no longer move from your current position until you stopped aiming. After playing a game like L4D, I could not abide by that limitation. But it has outstanding visuals.

resident-evil-5-2.jpg

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I stand corrected, it is RE5 I am thinking of. When you pull up a weapon to aim, you can no longer move from your current position until you stopped aiming. After playing a game like L4D, I could not abide by that limitation. But it has outstanding visuals.

Ahh, now I get it, one could move while shooting in RE4, yes. But I've to admit that the zombies watched my back most of the time anyway. Just joking. But while aiming, don't know actually..would have been even more claustrophobic.. I didn't play 5, though.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The Nazi-Zombies mode of CoD, Plants vs Zombies, and the Resident Evil Wii game. Sure it was a rails game, but not having to worry about moving meant I could concentrate 100% on blasting those ******!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Tru, there were two Residents available for Wii..

But speaking about rails-games:
House of the Dead was awesome back then, but I was way too young..and everybody who doesn't remember this fellow is def. younger than 20years..

Attachments

• 01--article_image.jpg
    01--article_image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 113

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Nazi-Zombies mode of CoD, Plants vs Zombies, and the Resident Evil Wii game. Sure it was a rails game, but not having to worry about moving meant I could concentrate 100% on blasting those ******!

But after playing a game like L4D that requires you to be nimble on your toes, RE feels absolutely primitive. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Zombies are in lots of games, but my favourite game where zombies (or infected) are the focus - Left 4 Dead. I've put too many hours into it.

It's not perfect. There's a perfect zombie game (for me) that I'd love to play. And if nobody makes it - I will!

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Resident Evil 4 and the first Left 4 Dead. I think I've played through RE4 seven or eight times. Loved L4D, it's one of the few games I played a ton online ... for some reason I didn't get into the second one nearly as much.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Tru, there were two Residents available for Wii..

But speaking about rails-games:
House of the Dead was awesome back then, but I was way too young..and everybody who doesn't remember this fellow is def. younger than 20years..

He looks like an educated zombie. :)

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
But after playing a game like L4D that requires you to be nimble on your toes, RE feels absolutely primitive. :)

That is true. I forgot about L4D. I this that's because I played RE with my buddy in the navy, so it was one of the few times I saw him. I'll admit, I'm biased.

MonkeyCookie

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
I rather enjoy Space Pirates and Zombies, especially now that a Mac version has been released. It's certainly not a typical zombie game though.

To my amazement, the game can run pretty well on my late-2007 Macbook. I was expecting it to really crawl on integrated graphics that old, but it is quite playable.

arashb

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2009
Counter strike + zombie mod :D, but it has to be a server where you can shoot furniture to move it. I wasted too much of my life on those servers :p.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Not Mac, but the gamecube version of Resident Evil, the first one, its the best Ive ever played

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.