PDA

View Full Version : Amazon had a code last year for Apple disconut, anyone?

BigB82
Aug 2, 2012, 11:58 PM
I remember last year amazon did a special and had like a 25% discount code, will they do the same this year or whats the best place to get a deal?

ideal.dreams
Aug 3, 2012, 12:14 AM
If you have a Discover card you can get free one-day shipping on select items. I'm not sure if any Apple products fall under that category but the memo was student themed so I assume an Apple product would be considered educational.

MR1324
Aug 3, 2012, 01:42 AM
that promotion wasn't even supposed to include apple laptops. the mistake was fixed eventually, so i don't think we will be seeing that same promotion again.

Seamaster
Aug 3, 2012, 03:19 AM
disconut

Best. Typo. Ever.

rockyroad55
Aug 3, 2012, 06:07 AM
Best. Typo. Ever.

I thought of donuts. Weird.

ixodes
Aug 3, 2012, 06:14 AM
that promotion wasn't even supposed to include apple laptops. the mistake was fixed eventually, so i don't think we will be seeing that same promotion again.

Yeah I jumped on that the moment I saw it. Just got lucky as a frequent Amazon customer. Never bought an Apple laptop at such a great discount before.

Not going to see it ever again. Apple lost their cool & berated the heck out of Amazon. Stupid jerks should have just celebrated the extra customers that Apple picked up :)

deeddawg
Aug 3, 2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, there was a Kindle Special Offers discount last summer at this time which was ended up being applicable to Apple laptops. As mentioned, it apparently wasn't supposed to. I doubt you'll see it happen again.

Best bet for savings is either buy from an authorized reseller that doesn't charge sales tax in your state, or if you have a Discover card you can go to apple.com through shopdiscover.com and get 5% cashback reward. You can even order with in-store pickup and it should work; I did that with my ipad3 and got the cashback.