PDA

View Full Version : Mac media center help

IHSV
Aug 3, 2012, 03:08 AM
Hey everyone, I am moving back to school in a few weeks and have been going back and forth on what to do/is required for the setup I am looking for.
I currently have an LCD with just about every input/output one could need. My ultimate goal would be to have a Mac mini hooked up to it as a monitor, and then having it also connected to some impeccable speakers. But I have come to realize several speedbumps.

My first I believe could go either way depending on what I want to do (maybe not im really not sure). I know I can run the TV the Mac and my speakers with HDMI and the auxiliary connection, however I really want more power than what I get from my speaker dock. So the point is if I want to run lets say two tower speakers a subwoofer and possibly a center, I would normally run those through a receiver but can I connect a receiver to the Mac? And if so what all is required?

If I can does anyone have any good suggestions for speakers and a receiver, I am really looking for power. And I am not concerned about the neighbors since I live in a fraternity house. Lots of info I know and several questions but I would appreciate the assistance.