PDA

View Full Version : Trouble opening a PDF

jertronic
Aug 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Simple issue I know...... But here goes.... Preview opens the document no problem. How do I save the document and how can I open it with adobe?

GGJstudios
Aug 3, 2012, 11:38 AM
Simple issue I know...... But here goes.... Preview opens the document no problem. How do I save the document and how can I open it with adobe?
Just right-click on the PDF and "Open With" > Adobe Reader or Acrobat

jertronic
Aug 3, 2012, 11:48 AM
It seems like I don't have adobe reader on my mac anymore. I thought I had it with Lion. Maybe not. Should I just go to the website and download adobe?

GGJstudios
Aug 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
It seems like I don't have adobe reader on my mac anymore. I thought I had it with Lion. Maybe not. Should I just go to the website and download adobe?
Yes, Adobe Reader (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Macintosh) is a free download.

Mr. Retrofire
Aug 3, 2012, 11:58 AM
No you should not download Adobe software from adobe.com. ;)

----------

Yes, Adobe Reader (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Macintosh) is a free download.
No. ;)

GGJstudios
Aug 3, 2012, 11:59 AM
No you should not download Adobe software from adobe.com. ;)
Generally speaking, I agree. Unfortunately, there are cases where only Adobe apps will do the job. And yes, Adobe Reader is a free download.

jertronic
Aug 3, 2012, 02:13 PM
How do you suggest that I save the PDF file that I have downloaded from an attachment on an email?

Which application/program should I use in stead of Adobe Reader?

GGJstudios
Aug 3, 2012, 02:17 PM
How do you suggest that I save the PDF file that I have downloaded from an attachment on an email?

Which application/program should I use in stead of Adobe Reader?

When you download an attachment from an email, you don't need any app. Just download it and it's already saved.