Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivoruest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Guatemala
I think if Apple wanted to change the course of the iPod Touch, which seems to be dying, then should make a more promising device for better gaming and music experience.

I like the iPod Touch and use it every day as my music device in my car. But I definitely would use it more if it was a better gaming device. It shouldn't be left behind, there are lots of apps and opportunities to match PS Vita's market and make the iPod Touch thrive as a multimedia console.

Do you think Apple still cares about the iPod Touch?

Update: iPod Touch could also compete in the consumer Digital Camera market, gaming, and music markets as well. I think there is still plenty that can be done with this product. Hope that Apple does see the way I do.

Last edited:

jtre1

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Yea. Apple still cares. Last year Phil Scheller said " We love music and will continue to make the worlds greatest music players "after he announced the white version of the ipod touch. Most likely they will introduce a new model this year to lure the younger crowd and to introduce new people to Apple and their other products

Last edited:

coolguy879

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
Yeah, Apple still cares about the iPod touch. I'm just hoping they release the iPod touch 5G sooner rather than later since the iPad 3 has already come out and iPhone 5 is confirmed.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yeah, Apple still cares about the iPod touch. I'm just hoping they release the iPod touch 5G sooner rather than later since the iPad 3 has already come out and iPhone 5 is confirmed.

They should be announcing one with a 4 inch screen and new dock connector.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
One gen behind the iPhone

A Fair assumption is that any new iPod Touch would have a similar hardware spec to the current iPhone, but with the new smaller dock connector.

The fabled 128BG iPod Touch would, of course be a huge step forward - but here's one fan is is still pinning his (misguided) hopes on a new classic...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.