PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought an Air in-store with ML?

jason2811
Aug 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
Has anyone bought a new Air in-store (or online) in the past week or so? Was Mountain Lion pre-installed?

Yunosuke
Aug 3, 2012, 05:15 PM
Has anyone bought a new Air in-store (or online) in the past week or so? Was Mountain Lion pre-installed?

I bought 11inch MBA Ultimate yesterday and it's got Lion. So I upgraded to ML last night.

KamiQuazi
Aug 3, 2012, 09:54 PM
I purchased my 13" i5/4gb/256gb (tax free tn) today and it was Lion. In the Apple Store app for ios, when you load up the MacBook air page the only one that say Mountain Lion is the 11" 64gb.

GREEN4U
Aug 3, 2012, 09:57 PM
Nobody has received a Mac with ML pre-installed. That really sucks.

Apple should have a more immediate transition for new Macs after the release date. Like how Dumbledore can clap his hands to change the decorations for the winner of the House Cup.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6nsfs38rG1qcxyg1.gif

KamiQuazi
Aug 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
It just takes time. How long does it take iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads to get updated after a new release?

Apple...
Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 PM
It just takes time. How long does it take iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads to get updated after a new release?
Not sure, but the people who buy them during a transition time can update instantly, unlike the hassle of the Up-to-Date program with the Mac.

KamiQuazi
Aug 3, 2012, 11:24 PM
Not sure, but the people who buy them during a transition time can update instantly, unlike the hassle of the Up-to-Date program with the Mac.

I bought my Mac this morning and sat in my car to get the up to date code. Both emails were sent almost by the time I left the apple store parking lot. Not much of a hassle of you ask me. Only the last two builds of ios have an easy way to update. Before you had to plug them in to update. So it's really a moot point.

Apple...
Aug 3, 2012, 11:29 PM
I bought my Mac this morning and sat in my car to get the up to date code. Both emails were sent almost by the time I left the apple store parking lot. Not much of a hassle of you ask me. Only the last two builds of ios have an easy way to update. Before you had to plug them in to update. So it's really a moot point.
Really? I sent my claim about 7 hours or so ago...haven't heard anything back.

soldierblue
Aug 4, 2012, 12:11 AM
My only gripe at this point is how it's being handled in the claim process. If you go buy a Mac right now, you still have to file a claim for a Mountain Lion key. It should show up under purchased as soon as you log in to the App Store ala the iLife stuff that's included (you know, how it asks you to attach GarageBand, iPhoto and whatnot to your account).

Yunosuke
Aug 4, 2012, 12:48 AM
My only gripe at this point is how it's being handled in the claim process. If you go buy a Mac right now, you still have to file a claim for a Mountain Lion key. It should show up under purchased as soon as you log in to the App Store ala the iLife stuff that's included (you know, how it asks you to attach GarageBand, iPhoto and whatnot to your account).

Although I agree that will be much easier but my experience was pretty much painless IMHO.

I opened my box at the Apple store to check the screen and cosmetic stuff.
My unit looked great but realized it's running Lion so I asked the store lady who took care of my purchase.
She suggested to do the claim so set everything up for me. She said it'll take a few hours so I left the store. Back home when I opened my g-mail and 2 e-mails needed for ML upgrade were there already. Looked like it took just 15 minutes or so.

KamiQuazi
Aug 4, 2012, 08:24 AM

The reason that works for iLife is that is preloaded on the Mac whereas mountain lion is not.