Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bockscar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I used Parallels to run Windows 7 for a few hours but there were some issues I couldnt iron out. So I uninstalled the Windows 7 image and went the Bootcamp route.

Now that my Windows 7 has successfully installed via Bootcamp, I read that it is possible to run Parallels in my OS X and use it to virtualize the Bootcamp partition.

Will this be exactly the same as running Windows 7 via Parallels (a pure Virtual Machine) like I did previously?

Do i install programs in Bootcamp in order to use Parallels in OS X to run it? I recall that as a virtual machine I can just run and execute windows programs within OS X

Read some reports that this will not allow snapshot functions, and also any changes made to the bootcamp partition via Parallels 7 will be permanent.

I understand the part about snapshots but the 'changes made will be permanent', dont get it.

Can anyone advise if I should or shouldn't virtualize the bootcamp partition via Parallels 7? The pros and cons of doing so etc. Having to reboot whenevrr I need to use Windows is damn troublesome. Plus, cant share files easily like in virtual machine.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.