Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ytong95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Just got my ATV3 last week and when I started to stream video from Youtube, it's taking very long time to stream from it and it doesn't allow me to change the quality settings, any solution yet?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Just got my ATV3 last week and when I started to stream video from Youtube, it's taking very long time to stream from it and it doesn't allow me to change the quality settings, any solution yet?

my youtube is pretty slow to compared to other streaming, my youtube is also crap on my iPhone maybe apple is not good at youtube apps

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
YouTube works fine at my house with my Airport Extreme. I took my AppleTV 2 to a friend's house and YouTube takes so long to load that it it is unusable for all practical purposes. My friend's system has a netgear router with 15 Mbps download on the 5ghz channel tested with a 2012 MBP.

Tomorrow I'm going to test his setup with an apple router and see if it behaves better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.