PDA

View Full Version : Instant Messenger ?

ricksen24
Aug 4, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hi people,

Just upgraded to Mountain Lion today and was wondering what the best MSN equivalent is these days? The one i have is a bit of a pain to be honest with many of the features not working.

Any ideas?

Help appreciated.

;)

Cougarcat
Aug 4, 2012, 04:37 PM
While I personally have not used MSN with it, I love Adium.

ivnj
Aug 4, 2012, 04:40 PM
aim, yahoo, or Facebook. Or trillian. http://www.trillian.im/mac/

ideal.dreams
Aug 4, 2012, 04:50 PM
I've used Adium for years and love it. It's an all in one IM client and it works pretty well. Another one you can try is Trillian, I used to use that when I used Windows a long time ago. M$'s stock WLM app isn't that great.

SlCKB0Y
Aug 4, 2012, 04:53 PM
No question - Adium.

iOrbit
Aug 4, 2012, 04:56 PM
i'v used trillian, adium, microsoft messenger, windows live messenger, and for me, the best one is Adium.

it lacks a couple of features, but waht makes it win for me, is how well integrated it is into mac os.

i can have my contact list clear, and only showing the necessary content, and it slides in and out of the screen edge, just like notification center.

its the best imo .

MacDawg
Aug 4, 2012, 04:59 PM
Adium is what you are looking for IMO
Has been the leader/standard for years on the Mac

Badrottie
Aug 5, 2012, 06:06 AM
Trilian for me because I still have Windows desktop with Trillian Astra.

bbfc
Aug 5, 2012, 07:26 AM
I use Messages and connect it to Facebook Chat. Simple. Nobody I know uses AIM or MSN anymore.

Aug 5, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hi people,

Just upgraded to Mountain Lion today and was wondering what the best MSN equivalent is these days? The one i have is a bit of a pain to be honest with many of the features not working.

Any ideas?

Help appreciated.

;)

Trillian or Adium, as well as the native Microsoft MSN Messenger.

mwhities
Aug 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
I've always and still use Adium...

hallux
Aug 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
Trilian for me because I still have Windows desktop with Trillian Astra.

This, and it also has a client for my Android devices. One thing I noticed though is that the "continuous chat" feature isn't working as well with Mac/Android as it did with Windows/Android.