PDA

View Full Version : About This Mac

moderngamenewb
Aug 4, 2012, 04:06 PM
I just discovered a hidden "feature" in Mountain Lion on accident or not. if you click on the apple logo on the on the menu bar, and hold the ALT button, "About This Mac" becomes "System Information." I'm sure there's several people on here who knew about it, but I'm sure there are some who didn't. I didn't until just now by accident

Intell
Aug 4, 2012, 04:08 PM
This feature was introduced with Leopard/10.5.

GGJstudios
Aug 4, 2012, 04:10 PM
This feature was introduced with Leopard/10.5.
Yep. In Leopard and SL, holding the option key switches from "About This Mac" to "System Profiler".

moderngamenewb
Aug 4, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yep. In Leopard and SL, holding the option key switches from "About This Mac" to "System Profiler".

I am such a geek when it comes to Mac, and I had no idea it was even introduced in Leopard, LOL

GGJstudios
Aug 4, 2012, 04:41 PM
I am such a geek when it comes to Mac, and I had no idea it was even introduced in Leopard, LOL
I don't think anyone knows it all. It's an ongoing discovery process.

Drew017
Aug 4, 2012, 04:51 PM
Op... just so you know, you can so this same thing with the majority of the other menus as well ;)

iwan073
Aug 4, 2012, 05:26 PM
Seems ALT changes more stuff in the menu's. Didn't know that.

moderngamenewb
Aug 4, 2012, 08:13 PM
I only knew of ALT changing the GO menu to add the Library option

laudern
Aug 4, 2012, 08:26 PM
press alt while in the safari menu...pretty cool

GGJstudios
Aug 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
I only knew of ALT changing the GO menu to add the Library option
There are many uses for it, such as pressing Option while right-clicking an app on the Dock to change the option from Quit to Force Quit, or when right-clicking a file to change from "Get Info" to "Show Inspector".