PDA

View Full Version : Weird XCODE 4.4 behaviour

kemo
Aug 4, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hello Guys, I'm experiencing weird behaviour with latest XCode on ML. I've send a bug report to Apple a while ago but I'm wondering if any one has experiencing similar behaviour or has any idea what it could be....

Summary: Xcode stop responding after trying to run the iOS project. Its reproducible after a few Run/Stop actions on every iOS project I have available.

Steps to Reproduce: When I hit "Run" button It firstly asks if I'd like to stop the current instance, even if there is no instance of the project running and if I select "stop" it just hangs on the dialog and deactivate the "stop" button. Once I hit cancel, whole Xcode window and all the controls in it become inactive - its not clickable not I can't quit the Xcode and so the only way of quitting it is Force quit and load the project again.

Expected Results: Builds and Runs the project.

Actual Results: Before doing anything, it just asks if I wanna stop the current instance even if there is no instance of the project running.

Regression: Force quit the Xcode.

8/4/12 11:46:44.056 PM Xcode[10053] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /SourceCache/IDEFoundation/IDEFoundation-1554/Framework/Classes/Misc/IDEClientTracking.m:190
Details: Was asked to cancel clients, but the following clients remain registered after 10 seconds: {(
<IDEConcreteClientTrackingToken:0x402a1b740:'Run "~Censored~"'>
)}
Object: <IDEConcreteClientTracker: 0x4012f5540>
Method: -_clientCancellationTimeout
Thread: <NSThread: 0x40030a220>{name = (null), num = 1}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

Thanks for any clues,

Tom

simplebeep
Dec 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
That's odd. My Xcode popped a similar error today, on method
-_notifyDelegateAndOpenEditorHistoryItem:previousHistoryItemOrNil:
on an instance of IDEEditorContext.

Interestingly, in my running code, this error was accompanied by a deadlock during an NSDocument autosave.

I have no clue.