PDA

View Full Version : Full screen app with 2 display

cheungtw1969
Aug 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
Is there anyway NOT to make the other display blank when I use full screen app?

E.g. I use my external mon. to watch a movie and I still want to use my mba display surf the web. But I can't because the mba display turns to a blank screen thanks to ML.

VTECaddict
Aug 4, 2012, 11:22 PM
Use a different program (VLC works)

Icy1007
Aug 4, 2012, 11:25 PM

E.g. I use my external mon. to watch a movie and I still want to use my mba display surf the web. But I can't because the mba display turns to a blank screen thanks to ML.

I don't think so, but if someone finds out, I'd like to know as well.

CFoss
Aug 5, 2012, 12:33 AM
I believe one of the biggest gripes people are having with Lion & Mountain Lion is its lack of support for multiple displays, including full screen making the second monitor useless.

cheungtw1969
Aug 5, 2012, 02:01 AM
Use a different program (VLC works)

You sure?
It does not work for me.
VLC is my default video player.

gabriele1
Aug 8, 2012, 11:08 AM
I have 2 screens on my Imac - my main screen is on facebook - my second screen on dropbox - when I click on a photo to make it full screen it goes on to my main screen - how can I get it full screen on my second screen
please keep the answer simple - I am very new to this

WSR
Aug 8, 2012, 12:21 PM

THis is one of the big reasons I'm sticking with Snow Leopard.

Small White Car
Aug 8, 2012, 12:31 PM
Are you using Safari in full-screen mode?

I haven't tested this, but from what I've read I think what's happened is that full-screen apps take over both screens. (But then, the apps themselves aren't yet programmed to DO anything with that 2nd screen.) If you exit full-screen mode that might give it back.

Again, I don't have a 2nd monitor so I've never tried this. Worth a shot, though.

heisenberg123
Aug 8, 2012, 01:07 PM
this has been covered numerous times, this is just how apples made it work its not a bug and there is not much you can do untill apple changes how they view this full screen app feature should behave