PDA

View Full Version : Messages not working

guszz
Aug 4, 2012, 10:48 PM
I can receive iMessages and texts on my phone perfectly fine, but on the new Messages app it doesn't work. I have my Apple ID set up with Messages on my iPhone (under "receive at" in messages in settings), and I have logged in with my Apple ID to Messages on my mac.

Also, In Messages on my mac, in preferences, it says, under "You can be reached for messages at:", just my Apple ID on one line and nothing else.

Still, I am not receiving messages on my mac. Additionally, old messages are not showing up in the application either, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work.

I used to use a different Apple ID with my iPhone, but about a year ago I changed it, so maybe my phone # is still linked to my old Apple ID. But, I don't think that would have an effect on it because there are no traces of my old Apple ID left.

Icy1007
Aug 4, 2012, 11:10 PM
You can't send messages from your phone number on Messages in ML. Only from your AppleID/iCloud account.

guszz
Aug 5, 2012, 12:21 AM
You can't send messages from your phone number on Messages in ML. Only from your AppleID/iCloud account.

I know, the problem is I'm not receiving messages.