Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Afternoon (Or morning :D )

When viewing say Facebook and I click on a picture, JS overlays the picture over the main page. Moving the mouse around causes flickering to the fact I can see the page behind the picture for a split second.

This doesn't happen in Chrome, and I know its JS related as if I disable it in prefs, it opens the picture on the 'main' page as opposed to 'over it' thus bypassing JS.

Any ideas anyone?

Mountain Lion / Safari 6

:apple:

Last edited:

DazzaD

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
So no fecker has had this problem?

Amazing.

Chrome it is.

I'm getting what I believe is the same issue regularly. I see it most often on the BBC website live Olympics text feed. Terrible flicker during scrolling.

Also, I get loads of flicker in text fields on forms on a regular basis.

Combined with the flickering and corruption of Parallels on my external monitor I'm sure ML is going to kill off my eyes soon enough.

This is on an early 2011 MBP

Darren

Mr.MacJr

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
same issue

I have the MBP retina and am having this same issue. I am also currently updated to Mountain Lion. I first noticed the issue when on yahoo.com, scrolling to the right the main stories on the homepage. I also have a similar issue when on website's typing in boxes where I'm filling in my information. I'll see a flicker of my text, then it'll disappear, and soon reappear. If I restart my mac, the problem seems to go away for a little bit. I'm a little annoyed because I've treated this thing like my baby, until a couple days ago when i went on a somewhat shady site (tv-links.eu) where there's a lot of pop-ups. Hoping i didn't get a virus. The fact this is happening to others who have updated to Mountain Lion makes me feel it's just a bug though. Is anyone else having issues with the flickering of text like I am too? or just the pictures?

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
I was having the same issue on my rMBP, it seems to have been fixed in the latest beta of 10.8.1 (12B17), or at least it hasn't done it yet!

Ah ok, cool. When are we looking at a public release?
:)

----------

I'm also registered as a developer, but I've not paid any subscription fee. I guess that is why I cant see 10.8.1?

Hopefully it wont be too long before its released...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.