PDA

View Full Version : "All my files" categories (Fix Found)

jsfpa
Aug 5, 2012, 11:41 AM
I am under the impression that "all my files" when kind is selected should show multiple categories Documents, images, etc. I only have 2 categories, developer and documents. Am I wrong that I should have more or is there something wrong with my settings?

tkermit
Aug 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
It shows categories like images, PDF documents, music, movies, presentations, spreadsheets, Developer and Documents.

Have you tried adding and later removing your HD again from Spotlight's privacy tab in System Preferences? That will make OS X reindex your drive, possibly fixing the issue. Might take some time though.

jsfpa
Aug 5, 2012, 02:18 PM
It shows categories like images, PDF documents, music, movies, presentations, spreadsheets, Developer and Documents.

Have you tried adding and later removing your HD again from Spotlight's privacy tab in System Preferences? That will make OS X reindex your drive, possibly fixing the issue. Might take some time though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried reindexing but it did not fix the problem.

jsfpa
Aug 5, 2012, 06:02 PM
It appears that finder sees all of my images, music, PDF's, spreadsheets, etc. as documents. When I do a spotlight search, it does separate everything into different categories but not in finder.

Cripps
Aug 5, 2012, 07:34 PM
Have you selected "Kind" in the "Arrange" drop down menu ?

jsfpa
Aug 5, 2012, 07:47 PM
FIXED! I found this on apple's support forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17524990#17524990