Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsfpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
I am under the impression that "all my files" when kind is selected should show multiple categories Documents, images, etc. I only have 2 categories, developer and documents. Am I wrong that I should have more or is there something wrong with my settings?

Last edited:

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
It shows categories like images, PDF documents, music, movies, presentations, spreadsheets, Developer and Documents.

Have you tried adding and later removing your HD again from Spotlight's privacy tab in System Preferences? That will make OS X reindex your drive, possibly fixing the issue. Might take some time though.

jsfpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
It shows categories like images, PDF documents, music, movies, presentations, spreadsheets, Developer and Documents.

Have you tried adding and later removing your HD again from Spotlight's privacy tab in System Preferences? That will make OS X reindex your drive, possibly fixing the issue. Might take some time though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried reindexing but it did not fix the problem.

jsfpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
It appears that finder sees all of my images, music, PDF's, spreadsheets, etc. as documents. When I do a spotlight search, it does separate everything into different categories but not in finder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.