PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Macbook Air Selling Question

police340
Aug 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hello,

I am looking to sell my 2011 Macbook Air. I have about seven days left to extend the warranty. Do you think this is worth it in order to improve chances of selling it? Anyon have any idea what they are worth used> I have 13" 2011 with 256Gb SSD and 4Gb Ram.

Thanks,
Bill

Lance-AR
Aug 5, 2012, 09:58 PM
It might help it sell but I wouldn't expect you to get back the full cost of the care.

drubie
Aug 5, 2012, 10:01 PM
Hello,

I am looking to sell my 2011 Macbook Air. I have about seven days left to extend the warranty. Do you think this is worth it in order to improve chances of selling it? Anyon have any idea what they are worth used> I have 13" 2011 with 256Gb SSD and 4Gb Ram.

Thanks,
Bill

I am doing the same thing and I read in a few forums where it indicated that it would be a problem selling without any type of warranty. I purchased my extended warranty from B&H Photo (no affiliation) for $190 just 2 days before my warranty expired. Since I did not receive it until after the warranty expired, I had to send proof of purchase to Apple to activate. I did finally sell it for $1000 but I looked at the refurbished on Apple and for the Ultimate (I7 processor with 256G SSD and 4GB of RAM) they were going for around $1250 but with only the standard 1 year warranty. Hope this helps.

passingapple
Aug 6, 2012, 05:35 AM
I did finally sell it for $1000 but I looked at the refurbished on Apple and for the Ultimate (I7 processor with 256G SSD and 4GB of RAM) they were going for around $1250 but with only the standard 1 year warranty. Hope this helps.

drubie, where did you sell it? On Craigslist? or Ebay? where do most of people at Macrumors sell theirs anyway?

Matt Leaf
Aug 6, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hello,

I am looking to sell my 2011 Macbook Air. I have about seven days left to extend the warranty. Do you think this is worth it in order to improve chances of selling it?

Yes.

It will definitely improve the chances.

You are doing the owner of the machine a service by guaranteeing the machine for a further 3 years.

It's not only good for you, it's good for the buyer. I always do it.

Selling a machine without warranty is like selling a dead machine.

drubie
Aug 6, 2012, 06:36 AM
drubie, where did you sell it? On Craigslist? or Ebay? where do most of people at Macrumors sell theirs anyway?

I ended up selling it to a family member just before I was getting ready to put it on Craigslist. Saved myself a lot of aggravation. Good luck.

iAppl3Fan
Aug 6, 2012, 11:46 PM
I ended up selling it to a family member just before I was getting ready to put it on Craigslist. Saved myself a lot of aggravation. Good luck.

Sweet! How much did you end up selling it for? I'm in a similar predicament.

stark4
Aug 7, 2012, 12:08 AM
why are you guys selling 2011 MBA.. I have 2011 MBA also but still new to me. Are you guys planing to upgrade to 2012 MBA?

ZMAN Z28
Aug 7, 2012, 12:27 AM
Planning to upgrade to a MBPr.