Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morrius

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
What web browser do you prefer to use when surfing on your iPad? I'm especially interested in browsers with ad-blocking capabilities.

ithinkimalion

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2011
I use Chrome with some jailbreak tweaks...Nitrous for speed and something else to add pull to refresh.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Using the nitrous jailbreak tweak, I have gotten chrome to outperform safari by a small amount on the sunspider 9.1 test.

Chrome was roughly 1,700ms and safari was 1,900

Without nitrous, safari is by far the preferred browser, as chrome is around 12,000ms.

As far as features, icab blows away the competiton.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
My main browser on my mac is chrome, although with ML I have started using Safari more. I did want to use Chrome on my iPad, but it crashes all the time, although lately it seems to be stable.

Depnding on how iOS6 and iPhone 5 will be I might make safari my standard browser, if it doesn't, Chrome will probaly become my main browser down the road. As I can use it to sync with my PC and Galaxy Note.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Safari. Everything else is just not up to snuff in terms of performance and overall smoothness. I have used Chome, iCab, Atomic, Perfect, 360, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.