PDA

View Full Version : Hinge/Lid behavior

Wokis
Aug 6, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hello, stupid paranoid question here regarding how the hinge should behave when there's only say a 5mm gap between it and the laptop, opening or closing.

Is it supposed to pretty much lose all its resistance at this point and instead just fall down closing it, meaning you can't leave such a tiny gap open?

mrs1986
Aug 6, 2012, 08:37 AM
It works/close with a magnet so yeah, is supossed to close itself at that point, if not it would be terribly loose and it would open itself hitting itself one time and another while you have it in your backpack

Wokis
Aug 6, 2012, 09:05 AM
Magnet does sound nice but why does the hinge have to stop giving resistance? Shouldn't it have a magnet PLUS a strong hinge that doesn't let gravity have its way?

The way I see it it IS terribly loose for that last part. Turn it upside down and the weight of the lid itself can make it open itself 5mm or so.

I'm sorry if my lingo is a bit off on this subject. Might be hard to understand what I mean. Think I'll go into a store and compare lids ^^

theSeb
Aug 6, 2012, 09:24 AM
This is normal, which, as you can see, is quite a small gap. I can't make it any less though. It's less than the diameter of the cigarette.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/da_seb/photo-8.jpg

TheRealDamager
Aug 6, 2012, 11:48 AM
This is normal.