PDA

View Full Version : Question about gaming on a 2012 macbook air

dolebludger
Aug 6, 2012, 07:06 AM
I'm looking to purchase a base model 13in air with 8gb ram, and want to know what type of games it can handle. Ideally I'd play GTA: San Andreas, plus a few steam games like half life 2, team fortress 2 and counterstrike:source. Would it be able to handle this with decent fps levels? Or is it too laggy? Could it handle COD 4?

The reason I want an air is because I often ride to uni, and need the portability. This is my first post, so this could be in the wrong section, but thanks for any help.

Wokis
Aug 6, 2012, 07:13 AM
I don't see those games being much of a problem :) I don't play any of them myself, though.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000.69168.0.html

lannisters4life
Aug 6, 2012, 07:16 AM
I'm looking to purchase a base model 13in air with 8gb ram, and want to know what type of games it can handle. Ideally I'd play GTA: San Andreas, plus a few steam games like half life 2, team fortress 2 and counterstrike:source. Would it be able to handle this with decent fps levels? Or is it too laggy? Could it handle COD 4?

The reason I want an air is because I often ride to uni, and need the portability. This is my first post, so this could be in the wrong section, but thanks for any help.
All source games run perfectly on high settings except Portal 2, which needs a little dialling down. I played the Half Life 2 mod MINERVA after I was recently introduced to it for the first time, using my 2012 13" MBA, on my 27" Thunderbolt display at native resolution with settings high, I was quite astounded.