PDA

View Full Version : macbook air/use external display

tim100
Aug 6, 2012, 08:41 AM
how many 11 inch users and even 13 inch macbook air users plug into an external display to get work done on a regular basis?

i have owned all different size apple notebooks and in the quest for the right size notebook, i never liked the idea of plugging into an external display. can an 11 inch screen be productive without an external monitor and how many hours can you look at an 11 inch screen?

jojoba
Aug 6, 2012, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't say I do it on a regular basis, but I won't rely on my 13" without knowing I have access to a larger screen. I'm a researcher and like to spread out my writing, research articles, brain storming notes, and data next to each other on the screen.

jj97101
Aug 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
I find 13 inches fine, I only AirPlay mirror it when I want to watch a movie.

Wokis
Aug 6, 2012, 09:09 AM
My external screens got another computer attached to them already, so if I want massive workspace I usually don't end up using the Air.

I have this one for mobility :)

r6girl
Aug 6, 2012, 12:27 PM
I use an old 20-inch Apple cinema display with my 11-inch MBA at home, primarily because it's better ergonomically with the set-up I have. When I travel with my MBA, I don't have any problems using it without an external display for work for extended periods (usual trips are about 1 week long and I'll work on it from 8 to 10 hours each day).