PDA

View Full Version : iPod Problem - Loose headphone jack

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 10:57 AM
I have a 4g 20gb iPod (B&W), and as of today the headphone jack has gotten loose enough from use that jostling it only slightly causes the iPod to think the headphones have been removed and so it pauses. Does anybody know if a) there's a way to just turn off the auto-pausing, b) there's a safe (ish) way to crack the iPod, or c) some other solution?

gwuMACaddict
Aug 4, 2005, 10:59 AM
still under warenty?

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 11:05 AM
still under warenty?

Yeah, actually, but do you think they'd take it under warranty?

gwuMACaddict
Aug 4, 2005, 11:05 AM
might be worth a shot? apple store close to you? or call the 1-800 number

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 11:06 AM
might be worth a shot? apple store close to you? or call the 1-800 number

Looks like time to battle the 1-800...

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 11:27 AM
Success! And possibly a free color screen upgrade! :cool: :D

emw
Aug 4, 2005, 11:30 AM
Awesome. I have the same problem - perhaps I'll be heading to the Apple Store this weekend!

Applespider
Aug 4, 2005, 02:05 PM

Don't get your hopes up too much. They replaced my 40GB black and white iPod last week (which hasn't been sold since February) with another 40GB black and white iPod... They have stashes of older models around.

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 02:17 PM
Don't get your hopes up too much. They replaced my 40GB black and white iPod last week (which hasn't been sold since February) with another 40GB black and white iPod... They have stashes of older models around.

Oh well. Still... Brand new iPod exactly like the one I already had! ;)

Applespider
Aug 4, 2005, 02:24 PM
Oh well. Still... Brand new iPod exactly like the one I already had! ;)

Exactly. Mine was 11 and half months old so any iPod, even a refurb, was likely to be newer with a fresher battery. And it's so much shinier :D

stridey
Aug 4, 2005, 02:27 PM
Exactly. Mine was 11 and half months old so any iPod, even a refurb, was likely to be newer with a fresher battery. And it's so much shinier :D

Mine's only 5 months old, but that means free shipping, so I'm not complaining! They're sending me a box.