Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zai-huei

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Hey all!

I'm new to mac, and I just got my MacBook Pro today, and it came with Lion - so I upgraded to ML!

After the upgrade, their is no blue sign under a running app ind the dock, as you see in the link!
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474?viewlocale=da_DK

How do I get the blue sign under the running apps back?! :)

ZaiHuei

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
It's there but it's so dim. Guess they will correct it in the next update.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
If you don't mind the 2D appearance, you can move the dock to the side of your screen, or change the bottom to 2D with this Terminal command:

$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock

A lot easier to see the open indicators this way.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I'm new to mac, and I just got my MacBook Pro today, and it came with Lion - so I upgraded to ML!

After the upgrade, their is no blue sign under a running app ind the dock, as you see in the link!
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474?viewlocale=da_DK

How do I get the blue sign under the running apps back?! :)

You don't, at least not natively. Apple made a design change. While there's a chance they may give options such as a classic look for the dock indicators, I wouldn't hold your breath.

tyrell456

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay, so you don't know? :)

No, he knows, and he gave you the answer. It was changed slightly from Lion to Mountain Lion. In ML, it is smaller and not as obvious.

As you can see here in my dock in ML, the indicators are still there, but in a slightly different spot and a little smaller:

Finder, Chrome, Tweetbot, and Calendar are all open. The indicator light has been moved down to the front base of the dock, rather than on the same surface as the icons themselves.

ozp

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
There is already a thread in this forum that discuss a bug with this feature in ML that causes the dock not to show the indicator lights, usually a restart solves it.

Anyway, you probably don't see the lights because:

1. The ML bug is causing them not to appear, restart the computer and see if you see them after that.

2. You just don't notice them because the way they look is different in ML (the screenshot you gave is from Lion), so look closer - at the very bottom of the dock.

3. They are disabled by your preferences, go to System preferences -> Dock and change the settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.