PDA

View Full Version : How do I learn more about OS X?

nj908
Aug 6, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hello all,

Over the past few months I've become very interested in computers (Windows as well). Where could I learn more about the inner workings of a Mac? Such as programming, how to use terminal, things like that? Finding such material is very easy for Windows, but not for Macs. Thats a shame, I truly enjoy Macs much, much more. Thanks!

ConCat
Aug 6, 2012, 01:59 PM
How much experience do you have with programming in general?

i.e. Do you know C, C++, Java, etc. The best programming language to use on Mac OS is Objective-C, although you can get away with C, C++ and even Java (although support for Java has decreased in recent years).

I'd suggest looking into AppleScript as a good way to start programming on Mac OS, if you're new. If you have experience in C or C++, then going right to Objective-C would be better. AppleScript should still be a side project though, as there are many advantages to knowing how to use it.

cucurbit
Aug 6, 2012, 09:07 PM
you can download a Xcode to your MAC OS, as well as some document about it. then you can begin to programming on your MAC OS. I found some document that suitable for newer , such as <<CocoaProgrammingForMaxOsX3rd>>. you also can search some online document to learn it .

----------

here is a link about cocoa
http://guides.macrumors.com/Cocoa_FAQ