Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
After resetting Safari a few times and restarting my Mac to make sure it wasn't on my end, I've noticed some strange happenings on the forum. First, when clicking "Quote" to reply to a post, I get the reply box, but no quoted text. If I click on the number of a post in a thread to view the individual post, I get this error:
select positives, negatives from mr_forumPostRating where postid = - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Also, when new posts appear in Forum Spy for threads I'm subscribed to, they don't show up as updated threads in User CP.

My first Safari reset and reboot cleared some of it up, but it's back again.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Certainly something weird for sure. It musy have booted a lot of people off. I've never seen the online counts so low before, even in the middle of the night.

Screen%20Shot%202012-08-06%20at%204.27.54%20PM.png

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I'm glad it's not just me, too! I also notice that, although I'm subscribed to this thread, it doesn't show up in my subscribed threads. Sounds like the forum software needs to lay off the tequila!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm on Chrome for OS X and haven't cleared or reset, rebooted anything and get the same. Even a refresh of the main forum listing isn't showing new & updated threads, such as this one. Plus it's responding very slow.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I'm on Chrome for OS X and haven't cleared or reset, rebooted anything and get the same. Even a refresh of the main forum listing isn't showing new & updated threads, such as this one. Plus it's responding very slow.
Yes, it's been painfully slow, taking up to a couple minutes to display a thread when clicked. After the site being down, I now see subscribed threads include the most current, but the site is still extremely slow.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
After resetting Safari a few times and restarting my Mac to make sure it wasn't on my end, I've noticed some strange happenings on the forum. First, when clicking "Quote" to reply to a post, I get the reply box, but no quoted text. If I click on the number of a post in a thread to view the individual post, I get this error:

Also, when new posts appear in Forum Spy for threads I'm subscribed to, they don't show up as updated threads in User CP.

My first Safari reset and reboot cleared some of it up, but it's back again.

I am getting the same thing; Arn is probably doing some tweaking of the site I reckon.

I've got loads of issues too.

I've re-set everything and it's still playing up so I'm pleased to find out it's not just me. :eek:

I think we're back.

arn

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Getting redirected to the "Maintenance" page much more often than not.

I'll be surprised if this post winds up... posted.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Nice. LOL
I posted an image, hit post and saw the blue box with the question mark and freaked. Thought it was ML acting up again. Phew!
I did restart my computer because I freaked a little causing my indexing (logos software) to start at zero.. I'll be patient next time. Thanks for the fix.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Well OF COURSE as soon as I post "it's not working for me" Arn hits the magic button and we're back on-line...

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.