PDA

View Full Version : Battery Life Span on MBA Late 2010's with Mountain Lion

cedwhatev
Aug 6, 2012, 09:45 PM
I am just curious how people's MBA Late 2010's are doing battery-wise since installing Mountain Lion? I installed mine, and everything runs smoothly, but I'm actually losing almost an hour of battery life now, which is really disappointing, almost to the point where I may be switching back to Snow Leopard. I didn't do a "clean install", so I don't know if that actually affects anything or not, but the battery life, which is the best thing about the Late 2010's, has dropped. I only have 30 cycles in 6 weeks on my 2010, so I'm quite surprised. Anyone else experiencing this much drop?

TheRealDamager
Aug 6, 2012, 10:00 PM
No issues here, but there are many who are experiencing the same issue as you. I suspect Apple will address shortly.

JonLa
Oct 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
I'm going to revive your thread rather than start a new one, as I'm curious about other people's experience of battery life with Mountain Lion on the 2010 Air.

I have a 13" Air (Late 2010) with the 256 GB SSD and the C2D 2,13 processor. it's a lovely machine and perfect for my needs. My normal daily use includes watching ripped dvds (which I own!), email, web browsing, itunes. Nothing taxing. Under Mountain Lion my battery percentage seems to fly down at quite a high rate, but the time seems to fluctuate between 3 and 4 hours on a full charge, and down to 2 (ish) when on about 50%.

it's not ideal, to be honest, but the machine is coming up to two years old, so ageing may play a part.

I'm curious as to what other people with similar machines are getting - am trying to decide whether to do a clean installation of ML or not, so would appreciate any comments

omgo
Oct 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
well, I have same configuration as you and I am getting "3:44 remaining"
but- I have 12 apps running/on background; 20+ tabs in safari; radio stream on in itunes; dropbox, skype, wifi, bluetooth on
brightness 40%
battery-health 88%, 332 cycles

I def. miss the battery times that I had 2 years ago, but I think it is still pretty good. dunno, cant compare to anyone.

weckart
Oct 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
No difference on mine that I've noticed. I don't thrash it, but any slight reduction in battery use might be down to the wear and tear on the battery. Mine is at 96% of original capacity.

calvol
Oct 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
I am still running Snow Leopard, enjoying 10+ hours in light use scenarios with Coolbook. Afraid to try ML from what I've read on the forums. Looking forward to the Haswell update next year, to see if we get Air's that approach this machine in battery life again.

J&JPolangin
Oct 28, 2012, 08:46 PM
I am still running Snow Leopard, enjoying 10+ hours in light use scenarios with Coolbook. Afraid to try ML from what I've read on the forums. Looking forward to the Haswell update next year, to see if we get Air's that approach this machine in battery life again.

Broadwell seems like the new architecture/die shrink to wait for vise Haswell from what I've been able to read on any Intel info...