PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion Mail.app picking up mail when told not to

Doctor Q
Aug 7, 2012, 12:04 AM
On three different days I've caught Mail picking up email from a POP account that is Enabled but has Include when automatically checking for new messages unchecked. Mail never did this before I upgrade to Mountain Lion.

None of the solutions suggested in the CNET article OS X Mail checking for new messages even when set to manual (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57426627-263/os-x-mail-checking-for-new-messages-even-when-set-to-manual/) have helped.

Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone know why it happens?

rajid
Aug 29, 2012, 12:16 AM
I recently switched my wife from an older Macbook Pro to a new Macbook Air running, of course, Mountain Lion. She normally picks up her email manually, always. She's seeing exactly what you describe. Sorry, don't know why it's happening but wish someone had a workaround. Just thought I'd say, "me too", so you know you're not going crazy! :)

Doctor Q
Aug 30, 2012, 01:51 AM
Perhaps it mistakenly picks up mail when you use that email account to send email, even though sending shouldn't have that effect when the Include when automatically checking for new messages setting is off.

Now that I have a theory I'm going to watch for that pattern.

sidewinder
Aug 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
IMAP or POP3?

S-

Doctor Q
Aug 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
I use the account in question as POP3.