PDA

View Full Version : Use of FaceTime

rappar
Aug 7, 2012, 05:14 AM
Recently, my daughter tried calling me from O'Hare using her iPhone 4s using FaceTime. It tried to connect but would not. I tried calling her from my iMac with no luck.
When she landed at Pearson, everything worked as it should.
I will be in Europe for a while and would like to be able to use FaceTime from France. I will be using an iPad and trying to connect to her on her iPhone.
Are there things we should do to increase our chances of this working correctly?
It works fine from her home to mine right now but after the experience with O'Hare, I figured I should see if there are changes in my setup that I should be making.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ron

aziatiklover
Aug 7, 2012, 05:27 AM
Firmware of her 4s? Is facetime activated? Are both numbers and email activated? Is her 4s factory unlocked, and activated with the current local carrier?

Is she connected to wifi when you facetime her?ect. You need to take a look at why you cannot facetime her and vice versa!

I facetime my parents daily, and it works all the time! The only time where it doesnt work is when my parents are not connected to wifi!

shafiqshafiq
Aug 8, 2012, 10:30 PM
how we use from facetime?

aarif2012
Aug 9, 2012, 09:26 PM
Err... I've just been considering to buy an iPad for my father and facetime a main reason. Well, u make me hesitate.

Badrottie
Aug 11, 2012, 04:01 AM
I FaceTime my good friend in Republic of Georgia almost everyday on my iPhone 4s and Macbook Pro via my home's wifi. He also uses his home wifi too.

TheGrudge
Aug 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
Recently, my daughter tried calling me from O'Hare using her iPhone 4s using FaceTime. It tried to connect but would not. I tried calling her from my iMac with no luck.
When she landed at Pearson, everything worked as it should.
I will be in Europe for a while and would like to be able to use FaceTime from France. I will be using an iPad and trying to connect to her on her iPhone.
Are there things we should do to increase our chances of this working correctly?
It works fine from her home to mine right now but after the experience with O'Hare, I figured I should see if there are changes in my setup that I should be making.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ron

If it works in some places but not others (O'Hare), then it's likely not anything you're doing. Could be that O'Hare is blocking a port or two necessary for Facetime. Also, you know that it currently doesn't work over the cellular network right? It's a Wi-Fi only function at the moment. I believe in iOS 6 (coming out this fall) that changes, but for now - WiFi only.