PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Magsafe 45w for air issue

a-martone
Aug 7, 2012, 03:12 PM
So I recently moved to Canada (from Ireland), before the trip the hard drive in my macbook air broke for some reason, so I decided to wait until I got to Canada to get it replaced in the apple store.

Long story short, I got the hard drive replaced (310 dollars) however my air will not charge now! It needs to be constantly plugged in and the battery will not charge. If it is plugged out it turns off and randomly shuts down for some reason.

Could this be a problem with my magsafe? An issue with the difference in wattage (as I am still using the three pronged adapter in Canada)? Or could there be further internal damage to my air??

Any help would be much appreciated guys, thanks :)

Omurices
Aug 7, 2012, 03:35 PM
So I recently moved to Canada (from Ireland), before the trip the hard drive in my macbook air broke for some reason, so I decided to wait until I got to Canada to get it replaced in the apple store.

Long story short, I got the hard drive replaced (310 dollars) however my air will not charge now! It needs to be constantly plugged in and the battery will not charge. If it is plugged out it turns off and randomly shuts down for some reason.

Could this be a problem with my magsafe? An issue with the difference in wattage (as I am still using the three pronged adapter in Canada)? Or could there be further internal damage to my air??

Any help would be much appreciated guys, thanks :)

I have a feeling that the battery plug may not have been plugged back when the hard drive was replaced. Would you try to talk to the person (or place) to take a look again? Battery needs to be disconnected when the hard drive gets replaced usually.

a-martone
Aug 7, 2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply mate! I'm going to head in tomorrow and I shall keep you updated on the situation. I got it repaired in the apple store in the Eaton centre btw