PDA

View Full Version : diagonal lines

stanw
Aug 7, 2012, 04:57 PM
Depending on how you view a diagonal line it might seem like it is rising or falling. Is going from left to right from bottom to top generally considered rising?

Thanks.

citizenzen
Aug 7, 2012, 08:02 PM
Since we (U.S.) reads left-to-right and top-to-bottom, that's how we read diagonal lines as well.

\ downhill

/ uphill

rjphoto
Aug 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
type of machine: (ie: Laptop or desktop)

Which model: (ie: Macbook, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacMini...)

have you connected another display to see if it is the monitor or logic board?

jared_kipe
Aug 9, 2012, 02:45 PM
type of machine: (ie: Laptop or desktop)

Which model: (ie: Macbook, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacMini...)

have you connected another display to see if it is the monitor or logic board?

Most useless response (question?) to a relatively straightforward question. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't read the OP's post.

rjphoto
Aug 9, 2012, 04:05 PM
Most useless response (question?) to a relatively straightforward question. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't read the OP's post.

In my line of business, I get questions about lines on the screen all the time. I read it to mean that he had a diagonal line on his screen. Now that I look back and see that it is in a design and graphics area I realize he is talking about a graphically drawn line.

I apologize for trying to diagnose a problem.

I must not have read it clearly, after all, I had just gotten out of the hospital Monday after having a heart attack Friday... no joke.

citizenzen
Aug 10, 2012, 08:56 AM
I must not have read it clearly, after all, I had just gotten out of the hospital Monday after having a heart attack Friday... no joke.

You are absolved.

:eek:

BJMRamage
Aug 10, 2012, 09:05 AM
I agree with Citizenzen.
in US, that looks like the right method for the observation.

And the third post was strange but reading the explanation make some sense.