PDA

View Full Version : Buying App's

johns4949
Aug 7, 2012, 05:10 PM
Am I correct is saying that when buying an app for the Ipad, there is no way to get a refund if the App does not look or work as great as the sellers description ? I have seem alot of apps that sound fantastic in print, but really stink is actual use. Apple told me to bad I'm stuck with the App even if I don't like it or want it even after just 1 day of trying it. This seems to be the only type of purchase besides underwear that you cannot return or get refunds because it does not meet the consumers expectations. THANKS APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanax
Aug 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
Honestly, do some research before buying an app.

Whenever I find an app that is not for free, I do the following steps:

1. Check the description, does it list all the features you need in that type of app?

1.1 If not, check the developer's website(if they have any) and see their blog if they have your feature in their "todo" or if some major update is being added to the app.

1.2 If they still don't list the feature you need in that type of app, then you have a choice to make. Either..

You mail the developer and ask if they have plans to add that feature and/or make a suggestion for them to add it(I go this route if the app looks really nice and have a lot of potential).
You disgard this app and find another one.

2. Check the developer's website(if they have any) for more detailed description, better screenshots, etc.

3. Read the app-reviews in App Store to find out if other user's have posted information about the app such as bugs, etc.

4. Check Google and YouTube for additional reviews or demos of the app.

5. Check AppShopper to see if they are frequently updating. If they are, that means they are dedicated to their app and brings out new features/improvements on a regular basis. If they are not, that means improvements and bugfixes will most likely be slow.

If they are not bringing out regular updates, you have another choice to make. Take a risk, or disgard the app. If the app is not one of those really expensive apps, then I usually take a risk if I've done all the other points in my list. If the app is expensive, I usually email the developer and ask whatever questions I may have.

And finally;
6. Check AppShopper if they have any "Price Drop's" and put the app in your Wish List to be able to follow it and get notifications when an update has occured to the app(such as a price drop) and buy it then when it's on sale.

johns4949
Aug 8, 2012, 05:49 AM
Thank you for your generous reply I will heed your suggestions

SteppingStone
Aug 8, 2012, 02:29 PM
It is actually possible to get a refund, at least in cases where there's a serious problem with the app. If you just don't like it, that might be an uphill battle.

Anyway, you can report problems through the store interface in iTunes. Find your list of purchases and then report the issue; you might be able to convince them to give a refund.