PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 2012 MBA, best way to keep some stuff but not all from my 2011?

BigB82
Aug 7, 2012, 11:54 PM
I dont want to use migration assistant cause all the crap will come over. Id rather keep some stuff not all. Is there an easy to way to do this in terms of bookmarks n keychain stuff? What does icloud on ML really save as far as desktop stuff? I use VMWare for just my used car dealership software which is like less 500mb. Right now windows takes up like god knows how much cause under OTHER it says 115gb not sure if thats windows or what?

w00t951
Aug 8, 2012, 12:52 AM
1) If you don't use Time Machine to backup, your settings will most likely be lost. At least with Leopard, you could choose to restore certain things, such as just your settings. Definitely a possibility.

2) Bookmarks are handled with iCloud. I did a quick Google search and came up with this link. (http://itonlinenews.com/backing-up-you-keychain-files-for-mac-osx/) I hope it helps.

3) "Other" refers to files that are not recognized as audio, movies, photos, etc. These can include audio and movie files or program caches that OS X doesn't open by default. I'm not sure what you're asking about Windows in this case, but that's what I can tell you about your "Other."