Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
I just bought iTunes Match and I hate it!

I was under the assumption that I could sync my iPhone normally as well as access iTunes match. However this is not the case. When you enable iTunes Match, I lose all the playlists I have on my phone.

90% of the time I use the recently added playlist to listen to all my new music. So I wanted to use iTunes Match to access the rest of my music library that can't fit on my iPhone.

In my opinion iTunes Match is useless until Apple integrates both local syncing and cloud streaming.

:mad::mad::mad:

sneezymarble

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
I just bought iTunes Match and I hate it!

I was under the assumption that I could sync my iPhone normally as well as access iTunes match. However this is not the case. When you enable iTunes Match, I lose all the playlists I have on my phone.

90% of the time I use the recently added playlist to listen to all my new music. So I wanted to use iTunes Match to access the rest of my music library that can't fit on my iPhone.

In my opinion iTunes Match is useless until Apple integrates both local syncing and cloud streaming.

:mad::mad::mad:

I know what you mean. I totally regret getting iMatch. It's the ********* cloud service ever. Seriously, why can't we still be allowed to add our own content to the phone with iMatch on. WTF?

I've actually given up on iMatch and ended up rolling my own cloud service by using Plex. I've got a computer at home that's always on and it serves all my media to Plex on my phone, and, here's the best part, I CAN STILL MANUALLY ADD CONTENT TO THE PHONE.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
I know what you mean. I totally regret getting iMatch. It's the ********* cloud service ever. Seriously, why can't we still be allowed to add our own content to the phone with iMatch on. WTF?

I've actually given up on iMatch and ended up rolling my own cloud service by using Plex. I've got a computer at home that's always on and it serves all my media to Plex on my phone, and, here's the best part, I CAN STILL MANUALLY ADD CONTENT TO THE PHONE.

That's a brilliant idea, I also use plex, I'll download the iOS app and give it a go! Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.