PDA

View Full Version : Can't Redeem Gift Cards on iPad

clarkgriswold
Aug 8, 2012, 07:31 AM
]Im trying to redeem 2 iTunes/App Store gift cards and each time I try on my iPad or my iPhone is asks me to log in with my apple id after entering the code. *I do, and then it asks me to log in again, and again, over and over and will not redeem the code. *I have reset the iPad and have reset my password, and it still won't work. *I got one to work by redeeming it through iTunes on my computer. *Why can't I redeem it directly on my device?

Also, on my iPad, when I go to Settings-Store, then click on my applie id, and click "view apple ID", it asks for my password. *When I enter it, it asks for it again, and again. *Something is not right. If I log out, reset the device, go back to settings and log in it'll show me my account info but still wont redeem the card. And, as soon as I do try to redeem it again, I lose the ability to see my account info under settings/store unless I do another log out/restore.

I called apple and they told me to email iTunes support, which I did, but I'm inpatient and pessimistic.

philipma1957
Aug 8, 2012, 08:18 AM
]Im trying to redeem 2 iTunes/App Store gift cards and each time I try on my iPad or my iPhone is asks me to log in with my apple id after entering the code. *I do, and then it asks me to log in again, and again, over and over and will not redeem the code. *I have reset the iPad and have reset my password, and it still won't work. *I got one to work by redeeming it through iTunes on my computer. *Why can't I redeem it directly on my device?

Also, on my iPad, when I go to Settings-Store, then click on my applie id, and click "view apple ID", it asks for my password. *When I enter it, it asks for it again, and again. *Something is not right. If I log out, reset the device, go back to settings and log in it'll show me my account info but still wont redeem the card. And, as soon as I do try to redeem it again, I lose the ability to see my account info under settings/store unless I do another log out/restore.

I called apple and they told me to email iTunes support, which I did, but I'm inpatient and pessimistic.

welcome to the world of iCloud where your money goes poof up into the cloud never to be seen again. Well on a serious note can you call the phone number on the back of the gift card and verify that you have a balance on the cards.

Did you buy these cards from a store or by them secondhand on ebay? If you have a receipt you stand a chance if they were stripped of the balance. If you only have the card and it is at 0 you can ask for history of the card. You may be able to figure out how the money was spent. I have purchased many cards from ebay. thousands of dollars in the last 4 years.

Apple, amazon, ebay, lowes and home depot. So far I have been cheated about 70 bucks. I also have had more then 1000 in savings on the cards.

here is a card I purchased the other day

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320952312265;jsessionid=02FE8E20E1EF4F5B087F15F89560DD11?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html %3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D320952312265%26_rdc%3D1#ht_500wt_1182

I saved about 27 bucks and cashed the card in when it arrived. If it did not work I would have to wait for ebay to fix the problem which takes about a month.

Well whether you bought it at a discount, at a store or it was a gift I hope it works out for you.

clarkgriswold
Aug 8, 2012, 08:21 AM
The card still has funds on it - when I redeemed one directly through iTunes on my computer it worked fine, for some reason it won't let me redeem via iTunes/App Store on my iPhone or iPad though.