PDA

View Full Version : Great news, I knew Apple could do it...

House Crasher
Aug 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
I posted a thread here the other day regarding my new 11" MBA Ultimate not sitting flat, and the lid not closing properly and a few other issues.

I tweaked the case and got it to sit flat without being wobbly but it still bugged me that I had to do that. It also had the LG display which after installing the new color profile was decent but not awesome.

I went to my Apple retail store and contemplated for 2 hours about swapping for the 13" MBA Ultimate. Something inside me just finalized my decision and said swap it for another 11" so I did.

I got it home and inspected it inside/out before even turning it on, all was perfect regarding fit and finish, the lid closed flat with no gaps, the unit sat flat on all surfaces, the hinge was tighter than the first unit. The trackpad is even and makes a much nicer "click" sound and the function keys are more even and flat. The previous function keys were all tilted in different directions.

I then turned on the replacement 11" to inspect the screen and dig into what SSD and display it had. It has the Samsung display and Samsung SSD...a first for me!

This units is truly perfect, I'm very happy.

MacDawg
Aug 8, 2012, 12:45 PM
Glad to hear things worked out for you
Enjoy your MBA

I have the 13" and love my Air

I have always had excellent customer service from Apple myself

House Crasher
Aug 8, 2012, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear things worked out for you
Enjoy your MBA

I have the 13" and love my Air

I have always had excellent customer service from Apple myself

My customer service has been 100% dead on great from Apple, it's just been hit or miss with quality control and the hassles of having to go back and swap out.

Thanks