PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to use Chrome with mountain lion?

kiteflyer
Aug 9, 2012, 12:53 AM
When I first got my 2012 Mac Air I read there where problems using Chrome.
Have those problems been resolved, can I put Chrome on my computer now?
Thanks.

\-V-/
Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 AM
When I first got my 2012 Mac Air I read there where problems using Chrome.
Have those problems been resolved, can I put Chrome on my computer now?
Thanks.

There are zero issues with Chrome now in Mountain Lion. It's fully compatible with all Macs including the Retina MacBook Pro.

seared.ahi
Aug 9, 2012, 01:03 AM
There are zero issues with Chrome now in Mountain Lion. It's fully compatible with all Macs including the Retina MacBook Pro.

Brother's been using it with ML for the past few days. Hasn't reported any problems. I still prefer Safari though. On a PC I could understand using Chrome, but on a Mac...Safari is better to me.

kylera
Aug 9, 2012, 01:16 AM
I too have a 2012 13" Air and running the latest version of chrome. No issues so far.

stchman
Aug 9, 2012, 01:46 AM
I tried Chrome on OS X, but Firefox is far superior IMO.

kiteflyer
Aug 9, 2012, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the info. I still use Firefox on occasion but many times I find with Firefox that I am only able to print out only the first page of an article I am interested in. I had read a year or two ago that it was a known problem with Firefox. I do like Chrome's preview feature where I choose specific pages so I avoid printing pages with no useful text.

h00ligan
Aug 9, 2012, 03:51 AM
I've had massive problems with the google software updater causing system hangs.

raphaeltecsonmd
Aug 9, 2012, 04:16 AM
Since i installed mountain lion on my MBA i never had problems using google chrome so i guess it is safe to use it. :)

katbird1
Aug 9, 2012, 06:26 AM
When using Chrome, when you swipe sideways between screens, do you get the big arrow on either side of the page?

S1njin
Aug 9, 2012, 07:15 AM
I've had Chrome lock up on me. This is on a freshly installed copy of ML on a new 13" MBA. I've read others have similar issues - there are many posts in the google forums about it.

I'm still using Chrome though.

wolfpuppies3
Aug 9, 2012, 07:53 AM
I am trying to figure how to go back to Lion so I can have my battery life back.

Wokis
Aug 9, 2012, 08:16 AM
It was safe to use Chrome for the most part during Lion as well. Google deployed a quick fix already when the news went out about the memory leak on the air.

I'd use safari but all bookmarks, web history etc from my desktop PC is synced through the google account.

I am trying to figure how to go back to Lion so I can have my battery life back.

Find the nearest dock, jump on a ship, travel to the bay, find the Lion DMG, make sure it's on a USB stick and boot from it?

I'm refering to ebay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lion+osx&_sacat=0&_odkw=lion&_osacat=0)... myes...

I'd advise you to try a clean install of ML first.

wolfpuppies3
Aug 9, 2012, 08:26 AM
As Ars Technica reports, battery life is now reduced 38% and "Apple is working on the problem."

aircanman
Aug 9, 2012, 06:12 PM
No issues with Google Chrome for me at all to be honest, got ML on release day and used Chrome with it, no issues. Using it now on my new MBA and it working fine. As good as Safari, better than the resource hog that is Firefox.

robdrj45
Aug 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
When using Chrome, when you swipe sideways between screens, do you get the big arrow on either side of the page?

Yes.