Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tissie

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Hi All,

I suddenly have a problem with my ~4 months old Ipad 3.

It will not charge when I put it in the wall outlet (using original cables and charger that came with the iPad). Normally, when I plug it in, it says a "bling" noise, and then a small charging icon appears on the battery indicator in the top right corner.
Now, nothing happens, as of yesterday.

If I connect the cable from the charger to the USB of my PC it says "does not charge", however, I get the "bling" noise, and it very slowly increases the percentage of the battery indicator (like 2-3% per hour). I am also able to put on/remove contents via iTunes.

Doesnt this seems like it is the "charger head" itself that decided to die?
And what to do about it?

Any helpfull comments are much appreciated :)

Thanks.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Check your cord connections. My iPad stopped charging and it turned out to be a loose connection. Unplug and reconnect all connections and also try another wall outlet. If that doesn't solve the problem then contact Apple.

Tissie

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Check your cord connections. My iPad stopped charging and it turned out to be a loose connection. Unplug and reconnect all connections and also try another wall outlet. If that doesn't solve the problem then contact Apple.

Did all this, and no luck.

I'll bring the ipad with charger to my local apple retailer next week, and see what they say.. until then I will charge via my USB. I found this software called Asus AI charger, that increases the current output of the USB port so that the iPad charges normally.

max53389

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
For charging with your pc, the iPad can only charge when the screen is off (locked) and for the wall charger: get a new one or check a new outlet because it seems the cord is working.

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
My iPad retina is doing something else...I plug the original charger in the wall and it dose the beep sound but after 6-7 hours is still at 67% charge.? Is this normal, I mean how long an iPad 3 needs for a full wall recharge.?

I mean not to mention that if I touch the charger is hot.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.