Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowmaan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Sydney Australia
Sooooooo annoying
Have a tonne of data on two drives and after the upgrade and now it no longer works

Not happy, it's getting a bit funny now with my OSX, everythig used to just work, but now things are playing funny

Attached is the error message
I can't reformat this drive, I need to get it to work now, and I had to make it NTFS so I could move large files onto the drive in the first place

Also, my wife's Galaxy Note phone isn't recognized anymore with the new OSX, no matter what I seem to try

Thanks

Attachments

• NTFS Error.png
    NTFS Error.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 199

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Sooooooo annoying
Have a tonne of data on two drives and after the upgrade and now it no longer works

Not happy, it's getting a bit funny now with my OSX, everythig used to just work, but now things are playing funny

Attached is the error message
I can't reformat this drive, I need to get it to work now, and I had to make it NTFS so I could move large files onto the drive in the first place

Also, my wife's Galaxy Note phone isn't recognized anymore with the new OSX, no matter what I seem to try

Thanks

did you confirm the drive actually is not the problem by testing it on another PC or Mac?

snowmaan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Sydney Australia
Yep sure did, looking at it on my toshiba now

Also remember, it's two drives, one ext seagate drive - 3tb, and one 64gb usb stick

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Did you contact support for NTFS-3G, since it appears that its a problem with their driver?

callan37

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I can confirm that paragon NTFS drivers work on Mountain Lion, so that is an alternative if your current drivers don't work

snowmaan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Sydney Australia
Thanks guys
No I havent contacted them, nor have I tried to reinstall them

To be honest, I am fairly techie but with this, I was afraid to do this in case I blow away the contents (ie wedding photos on there!)

Where might I start with this one?
Can you direct me to the right file or URL?
I seem to recall there being few options, as I dont recall exactly how I installed it

I did a quick search and I have a note saying to upgrade to tuxera, which seems to be a new "paid option" for a free product I used to have, maybe?

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I did a quick search and I have a note saying to upgrade to tuxera, which seems to be a new "paid option" for a free product I used to have, maybe?

Tuxera isn't new, it's been around for a while.

I don't believe you will be able to get ntfs-3g working on ML without some messing around. Since you can get Paragon NTFS for $20, it's probably not worth your time.

Also, both Tuxera and Paragon significantly outperform ntfs-3g in terms of transfer speeds.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.