PDA

View Full Version : Screen color tint

Scott34985
Aug 9, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hi forum users,

i've just received my MBA ivy bridge 13' here the other day, and i have noticed that the screen seems more yellow while my older older laptop seems more blue.

I have read at some sites about different display color types; warm and cold, and i have seen that some say that a replacement might fix the problem? - or maybe get some new color profiles?

It's just that im with my second MBA 2012 now, the first one had problems just after the boot and now this display.

Am i crazy for wanting the cold color? - and do they even give replacements in relation to my problem?

I really dont seem to like the yellowish color and i dont think i want to get used to the color because of my personal preference.

My problem right now is that i really cant decide whether i should try to find a workaround or should bother replacing until i get the right one. (if possible)

Btw i did order it online because there is not any 'real' apple retail stores in my country only premium sellers or what they are called.

If anyone have been in the same situation or have any advice then feel free to help a new 'mac' guy. :-) - i would really appreciate it!

i did btw attach a pic to show the difference.

i have the samsung version of the screen and not the lg btw, if it makes any difference.
I was btw also wondering whats most normal on macs, warm or cold display?

Best regards
Scott

usmaak
Aug 9, 2012, 09:37 PM
There are some color profiles around here that might help with that. And remember, you have an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee. If you're not happy, you can send it back. If you want to exchange it for another, you can try calling 1800APLCARE and discuss the issue with them.

dcorban
Aug 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
MacBook displays are calibrated at the factory to between 6500-7000k in color "temperature". This has been confirmed by tests on review sites. Windows PCs, and external monitors, usually default to the 9300k standard. Macs will look more warm by comparison. You can go into the System Preferences->Display->Color and click "calibrate" to set the color to your personal preference.

Madlamz
Aug 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
I had the same problem with my 2011 MBA. I took it to an apple store and had the screen replaced, but the new screen had the same yellow issue, so this time they replaced the logic board, but once again...still yellowish, so the 3rd time they just replaced the MBA altogether and gave me a new 2012 model.:D

the 2012 model didn't have a yellow screen but it had the gradient effect on the bottom of the screen...so i had THAT one replaced too, unfortunately i think ALL the airs have the gradient effect on by the bottom bezel. :/

Seamaster
Aug 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
When is this forum going to be renamed OCDRumors?

soldierblue
Aug 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
When is this forum going to be renamed OCDRumors?

As soon as the bulk of Apple users quit being rude to everybody that isn't happy with [insert Apple product here].

My advice? Is the tint even? Keep it and calibrate it. Is it uneven? Return it.