PDA

View Full Version : So just got a MBA, but I think I prefer my MBP

aircanman
Aug 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
Aaaahhh!! Pain in the rear this is, I love this MBA, but I also love my MBP.

I hate it when things don't go to plan!

uba2012
Aug 9, 2012, 07:15 PM
I also have a MacBook pro, just ordered an air.
Hopefully I'll love it

mmomega
Aug 9, 2012, 07:18 PM
I went through 2 15" MBP's and finally settled on the MBA in late 2010 and just sold it to get the '12 MBA.

aircanman
Aug 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
I also have a MacBook pro, just ordered an air.
Hopefully I'll love it

I dont know what it is, but I have big hands suited more to the MBP, I feel like I am damaging the keyboard on the air when I type quickly! :(

----------

I went through 2 15" MBP's and finally settled on the MBA in late 2010 and just sold it to get the '12 MBA.

I found the 15" too big for me, the 13" is a lovely size and has everything I need, and to be really honest, the difference with the flash storage and speed is minimal, except for things like boot.

Blackberryroid
Aug 10, 2012, 05:27 AM
I have a MacBook Pro. I abandoned it for the MacBook Air Never touched it since I First touched this wonderful, gorgeous machine.

For something so thin, I couldn't believe it has the performance of a pro computer.

However... I think it's a bit thick. It could certainly use some millimeters off it. Oh, what the heck, I also said the iPod touch is thick. My standards are just high.

aircanman
Aug 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
I have a MacBook Pro. I abandoned it for the MacBook Air Never touched it since I First touched this wonderful, gorgeous machine.

For something so thin, I couldn't believe it has the performance of a pro computer.

However... I think it's a bit thick. It could certainly use some millimeters off it. Oh, what the heck, I also said the iPod touch is thick. My standards are just high.

Hmm, I dont think that is the issue I am having, it is very thin.

theSeb
Aug 10, 2012, 02:22 PM

Threesomes are great.

plucky duck
Aug 10, 2012, 02:30 PM

What do you plan to use your MBP/MBA for? Is this your primary system or do you have an iMac or a PC as well? If this is your primary system and you need the flexibility of ram/hd being upgradable and don't mind the size and weight of the Pro then I'd go with the Pro, if not I'd go with a MBA instead if it also meets your power requirements.

jmoore5196
Aug 10, 2012, 03:36 PM
I actually have the same thoughts from time to time.

My recovery plan is pretty simple: I lug my 15" MacBook Pro around the City for a day.

Allow me to be bold enough to share my solution: Buy both! When you feel like being a masochist, you can. And when you feel like using the most elegant computing device on the planet, you can do that too.

ixodes
Aug 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
I have both series and find that other than the obvious size, purpose, and performance differences, there's no difference in quality. They are very good laptops. Period.

aircanman
Aug 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
I have both series and find that other than the obvious size, purpose, and performance differences, there's no difference in quality. They are very good laptops. Period.

I am actually slowly falling in love with it, getting all the files on it and getting used to the speed, which is faster... Fingers crossed we are a match made in heaven.