PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air UI Lag

manunited
Aug 9, 2012, 07:34 PM
I have a mid-2012 baseline 13 inch MBA and it was working fine until yesterday, when the UI suddenly started to stutter. When I go into mission control, whereas it was a smooth animation before, now it's just three or four choppy frames... Has anyone else experienced this? Oh and I installed ML about a week and half ago.

ketchup4life06
Aug 9, 2012, 07:46 PM
I have a mid 2012 and installed mountain lion over a week ago as well and nothing like that has happened to mine. Check what you last installed, it might be causing some problems? I know that when I first installed flash the computer would take 30 seconds to shut down versus 3 and deleting and re installing flash fixed the problem. Anyways good luck.

h00ligan
Aug 9, 2012, 08:13 PM
Double check it's not running a built in routine, like spotlight indexing.

manunited
Aug 9, 2012, 08:32 PM
Not running anything in the background like spotlight indexing and when I check in activity monitor, there is plenty of RAM and CPU left over, so I'm not sure why it's started to lag. I did install and delete AutoCAD and also installed Photoshop CS6 yesterday.

manunited
Aug 11, 2012, 02:29 AM
help anyone? :(

manunited
Aug 17, 2012, 05:06 AM
Ok well, I guess nobody really had the same issue as me. But just for reference, if anyone has the same problem in the future, clean installing ML fixed the problem for me. Back to the crisp and smooth ui interface. :D
Oh and I picked up a 16 GB usb 3.0 flash drive to make a bootable drive, and the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is like night and day. So much faster. :p