PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to maximize to available space?

majordude
Aug 9, 2012, 08:13 PM
I have my toolbar on the left side leaving a bunch of real estate to the right and under the top status bar.

For some reason, some programs utilize all the space, like iTunes. But some, like Safari, just use what I give it.

If I maximize a program it uses the ENTIRE screen which I don't want. I still want to see the top status bar and the toolbar.

Is there a way to maximize without going full screen? :confused:

Icy1007
Aug 9, 2012, 08:43 PM
I have my toolbar on the left side leaving a bunch of real estate to the right and under the top status bar.

For some reason, some programs utilize all the space, like iTunes. But some, like Safari, just use what I give it.

If I maximize a program it uses the ENTIRE screen which I don't want. I still want to see the top status bar and the toolbar.

Is there a way to maximize without going full screen? :confused:

-The green + button is not a maximize button. It's called the Zoom button officially by Apple. It's suppose to display the optimum size for the content.

-You can manually enlarge windows.

-You can try an app called "BetterSnapTool" that's on the Mac App Store. It allows you to maximize windows and use the entire screen and still keep the status bar and dock even if the app isn't designed to do it.